Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 07:23:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: B.O.S.S. - Bureau of Strange Studies  (Read 17249 times)

Offline Theatralic

• Scientist
Re: Finished Investigator
« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2014, 10:32:37 AM »
Thanks Argonor your kind words are really appreciated.

Yeah, it seems like my white Primer is way too old (several Years  :o).

I use Black as undercoat and a white fog, but the white fog has become way too dusty and rough.  I think I should get a new can. Especially since its visible through the colors and leaves an uneven finish :-(.

My Vintage Dwarfs: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=42987.0

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2014, 03:57:27 PM »
I think I should get a new can. Especially since its visible through the colors and leaves an uneven finish :-(.

I have always found it very annoying to paint over an uneven undercoat - it can be really hard to get the paint to stick precisely where you want it to when applying layers.

That being said, I don't think it shows that much on the finished investigator. I'd field him anytime  :)

If there's some really rough spots, I usually use a small needle diamond file to gently smooth out the surface - I even do that to painted surfaces if I notice a 'blob' or small dust particle embedded in the paint, before I repaint the damaged dot. Doesn't require much time, and removes most of of the frustration that can arise from discovering those small flaws (that most other ppl won't ever notice   lol ).
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2014, 04:35:37 PM »
A great paintjob on a wonderful sculpt.
 :-* :-*

Liking the background too.
 8)

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2014, 05:01:51 PM »
Great job on a lovely model. Really like the face and hair.

Offline Theatralic

• Scientist
« Reply #64 on: April 05, 2014, 08:11:59 PM »
I am glad that you like him, of course I only showed you his chocolate side ;-), the other side of his face looks a bit like he was hit with a hot pan were I went a bit overboard with a red glaze.

I am pleased with him and looking forward to the next one.

Offline EndTransmission

• Scientist
  • Little horror
    • EndTransmission's random gaming things
« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2014, 08:15:41 AM »
I am glad that you like him, of course I only showed you his chocolate side ;-), the other side of his face looks a bit like he was hit with a hot pan were I went a bit overboard with a red glaze.

I am pleased with him and looking forward to the next one.

I'm sure you meant to say that the colour difference was purposeful and that it is scarring from where he was scalded in an accident in the factory, or caught in the back blast of a petrol bomb during a clash with the Pinkertons ;)

Fantastic work on him, I love the model

Offline Theatralic

• Scientist
« Reply #66 on: April 08, 2014, 12:25:49 PM »
Of course, thats what I wanted to say all along ;). Thanks for the nice comment, keeps me going. Although I fear that my progress could become slowed down since University started again yesterday and it will take up a lot of my Time. I slacked a bit a need to pick up pace again if I ever want to become a decent part of society....and earn enough money to buy WAY TO MANY MINIATURES  lol.

I had something rather nice in my Mail and even through the Packaging I could hear them all whisper Fhtagn, Fhtagn   ;D and I luckily found the 2 Mantic Ghouls I own. Now I got some Baddies to go with my Awesomesauce Heroes

Thanks chap! Great stuff, I hope I can do them justice.

Sadly no word from Blackcatbases, even after 2 Mails they remain silent. No Order confirmation, no order history in my account, dead silence. I will contact them at the end of the week again. I am probably being a nag,it has only been one week, but I think thats reasonable in light of what I have read. Since money is allways really tight I need to be careful with my investments. Especially since I ordered Bases from them...for all my stuff, no Bases, no progress and I am not going to order from someone else after having allready paid them  :?.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 12:27:48 PM by Theatralic »

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2014, 12:33:34 PM »
Great!
Glad that they reached you safely.
 :D

Looking forward to seeing your take on them.
 :)

Offline Theatralic

• Scientist
« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2014, 12:54:55 PM »
Going to assemble the first 5 tonight and hopefully get some Paint on them over several evenings. Since my Time is more limited now I will Batch Paint Lurkers and put more work into Treshhold.

Right now I am contemplating to "break" some Strange Aeons rules since I would love to add a Dog or 2 but winning 15 Games sounds a bit much. Me Needz moar Fiddoz  :'(.

Offline Klener Zorn

• Scientist
    • Zorns Blog
« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2014, 04:32:08 PM »
Sadly no word from Blackcatbases,

same here
how long are you waiting already ?

Offline Theatralic

• Scientist
B.O.S.S. - Bureau of Strange Studies
« Reply #70 on: May 02, 2015, 04:41:42 PM »

Surprisingly I woke up today with the sudden and violent urge to work on my Agents. I haven`t worked on this stuff for ages as I seem to get sidetracked with my many Projects and I was kinda demotivated after that whole Black Cat Bases Thing. Sadly I have missed out on the 2nd edition Kickstarter but since I haven`t managed some proper 1st edition Games I am happy if I manage to finish some Miniatures till the Book/PDF hits Retail.

While I really like this Model, the sculpting and casting itself is rather fubar. Its not too visible on those Pics but during Painting its a bit frustrating. I should have done a better job of smoothing eveything out but then I was in a hurry to get it primed. I also missed a Moldline which is bugging me to no end but I really can`t be bothered to start from scratch.

I hope I manage to finish him today, would be awesome.

PS: Yeah, sorry Paul I kinda nicked the Name from you ;P or better got inspired, its not as cool as M.O.O.S. but I like it.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 04:44:21 PM by Theatralic »