Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 09:15:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: ABC Warriors  (Read 8108 times)

Offline H.M.Stanley

• Scatterbrained Genius
ABC Warriors
« on: May 11, 2014, 02:58:02 PM »
So, I've acquired some Foundry ABC Warriors and I've been thinking about profiles using the Judge Dredd Miniatures Game rules.

I have kept to the Mobsters and Renegade Robot gangs for inspiration.  

I'll post photos with the profiles as and when they are painted.

I just need to track down a suitable figure for Mongrol, who isn't a mechanical ape as I had read.

I am open to ideas if anyone would like to suggest alternatives.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 03:35:02 PM by H.M.Stanley »
"Ho, ho, ho! Well, if it isn't fat stinking billy goat Billy Boy in poison! How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"

Offline H.M.Stanley

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: ABC Warriors
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 03:02:42 PM »
Hammerstein
"Demolition Droid"

Level 1 Hero, +6 Armour,  Heavy Spit Gun, "Big Jobs" [355pts]

Talents: Brave, Inspire
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 03:08:33 PM by H.M.Stanley »

Offline H.M.Stanley

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2014, 03:20:23 PM »
Pineapple Joe
"Nero Narcos"

Level 1 Hero, Laser Rifle
Talents: Agile, Accurate, Crack Shot [265pts]

NB. Toned down to Hits 4, Melee dice 2D

Offline Dr.Falkenhayn

• Mastermind
  • guckst du?
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2014, 03:28:45 PM »
Mother of all ABC Warriors Threads on LAF  ;D :o

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=13529.0

Offline H.M.Stanley

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2014, 03:32:02 PM »
Blackblood
"Assassinator Droid"

Club, Laser Pistol, Spit Gun.

Special Rules: Flight Pack* [195 pts]

*needs some thought. May strip this out for an increase in a characteristic
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 04:01:34 PM by H.M.Stanley »

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2014, 03:33:49 PM »
He's not wrong. Chris' s thread rules.

Don't hold your breath on Mongoose tw....erm Matt producing the ks ABC's anytime soon.
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline H.M.Stanley

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2014, 03:34:05 PM »
Mother of all ABC Warriors Threads on LAF  ;D :o

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=13529.0

Thank you Dr. F.

I'm late to the party and will check that out

Offline H.M.Stanley

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2014, 03:36:10 PM »
He's not wrong. Chris' s thread rules.

Don't hold your breath on Mongoose tw....erm Matt producing the ks ABC's anytime soon.

I have the Foundry figs  :D

Offline H.M.Stanley

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2014, 04:06:27 PM »
Mek-Quake
"Demolition Droid"

+6 Armour [230 pts

Offline H.M.Stanley

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2014, 04:26:05 PM »
Deadlock
"Necro ..."

Level 3 Hero/PSI 6, Katana, Laser Pistol

Talents: Ectoplasmic Shield,  Summon Demonic Entity, Agile, Stealthy, Silent Action

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2014, 07:02:20 PM »
Erm stat posts. ...... and???? (No pics coming up bud).

If you want more Hammerstein variants for the war:

http://www.excalibur-miniatures.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=230

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2014, 07:33:27 PM »
Yeah, pics or it didn't happen!  lol

Seriously though, some interesting thoughts. I really haven't given the rules side of my project much thought, but I've considered looking into the JD rules, and will have to take a closer look.

One thing concerning Mek-Quake: He actually has a single gun in his head and a six-gun rack in his torso, so you might want to add a short-range salvo thingie to cover that.

I daresay, though, that the ABC Warriors may actually be tricky to model, since so many of their defining features are character-driven and thus may not be easily covered in a tabletop environment with its need for abstraction.

Offline H.M.Stanley

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2014, 07:50:03 AM »
Erm stat posts. ...... and???? (No pics coming up bud).

If you want more Hammerstein variants for the war:

http://www.excalibur-miniatures.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=230

Oh i know  :), they're only undercoated at this stage. I was planning to update the Stats post for each one as i got them painted and rethought what i wanted to do with each figure on the gaming table

Offline H.M.Stanley

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2014, 07:57:59 AM »
Yeah, pics or it didn't happen!  lol

Seriously though, some interesting thoughts. I really haven't given the rules side of my project much thought, but I've considered looking into the JD rules, and will have to take a closer look.

One thing concerning Mek-Quake: He actually has a single gun in his head and a six-gun rack in his torso, so you might want to add a short-range salvo thingie to cover that.

I daresay, though, that the ABC Warriors may actually be tricky to model, since so many of their defining features are character-driven and thus may not be easily covered in a tabletop environment with its need for abstraction.

Thanks for the input Chris and for the heads-up on Mek-Quake. I'm brushing up on the ABC and have just bought the Volgan Wars volumes 1 - 4 for inspiration

I am much more a gamer than a painter so the rules etc really interest me.

I will however get them all painted (they are first in line currently) and post up photos, and amended Stats, when i can get them done.

I'm leaning towards making them all (at least) Level 1 Heroes and having Deadlock, Blackblood and Mek turn on H and Pineapples ... at least for now.

Absolutely love what you have done with the Ikon and Mongrol, in particular, on your thread!!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 12:27:16 PM by H.M.Stanley »

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2014, 06:33:45 PM »
Thanks for the input Chris and for the heads-up on Mek-Quake. I'm brushing up on the ABC and have just bought the Volgan Wars volumes 1 - 4 for inspiration

Not exactly the zenith of the franchise, but reasonably good - and at least the art quality is consistent. Personally, I'd rate "The Black Hole" #1. Before that, it's a bit disjointed, and after, it becomes quite a bit of an author tract. If you are looking for gameable scenario inspiration, though, the Mars books (The Third Element and The Shadow Warriors) actually have some good and reasonable OpFors.

I am much more a gamer than a painter so the rules etc really interest me.

In my case, it was more due to a lack of both opponents and suitable rules to use as a working baseline. Still, since I only paint stuff I intend to game with, ultimately I'll have to do some rules.

I will however get them all painted (they are first in line currently) and post up photos, and amended Stats, when i can get them done.

I'm leaning towards making them all (at least) Level 1 Heroes and having Deadlock, Blackblood and Mek turn on H and Pineapples ... at least for now.

Well, not wanting to spoiler much, Blackblood and Mek-Quake do go on a spree of their own in the Volgan War books, so there's potential for that! Deadlock is a bit of a turncoat himself, although more of the chaotic kind after The Black Hole, but you could throw in another faction for BB and MQ to align themselves with.

Damn, you got me on a roll! Let's sum up some of their opponents based on the various timelines to see where it takes us...

"The Meknificent Seven" - origin story, first against the Volgan robot armies (including Blackblood), then on Mars against Soy Cowboys, Tyrannosaurs, Evil Corporate goons, biker gangs...

"Nemesis" - Hammers and some friends on the side of the Evil Empire for a change, although a bit trippy and depressing at times. Fighting mainly aliens and zealots.

"The Black Hole" - psycho biker androids, Imperial shock troops, humanity's sins incarnate...

"Khaos Chronicles" and "Hellbringer" - again vs Imperial forces, this time with a more 40k-ish slant (some good cross-fertilization in the early 90s, it seems). Not exactly the best, but reasonably well-matched OpFor in the shape of the Rottweilers.

"Third Element" and "The Shadow Warriors" - this is quite interesting, with hi-tech human forces and, in the second book, an evenly-matched kill-team of seven evil robots. Also, some nice tanks.

"Volgan War" - a nice visual re-imagining of the Volgs, albeit a bit silly at times. Plus more Martian goons in the "present" timeline, plus the biggest job of all.

So, basically, there's a lot of stuff to choose and work from. The main issue would be how to balance the forces to give the Warriors a run for their money - possibly more scenario- than points-driven.

Absolutely love what you have done with the Ikon and Mongrol, in particular, on your thread!!

Thanks. I really have to bulk up the Volg robot force - got a couple of old Warzone figs earmarked for that, but would need some shooty ones, too.