Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 11:07:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691518
  • Total Topics: 118399
  • Online Today: 609
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Psyber's Super-Duper Dungeon (Warhammer Quest)  (Read 75250 times)

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
Re: Psyber's Super-Duper Dungeon (Warhammer Quest) Painting Log
« Reply #90 on: September 07, 2015, 03:19:26 PM »
Very cool, gonna be hard to stuff them in a dungeon!  lol
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #91 on: September 07, 2015, 05:18:27 PM »
Nice addition. 8)

Online psyberwyche

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #92 on: September 07, 2015, 05:27:11 PM »
Very cool, gonna be hard to stuff them in a dungeon!  lol

Hence I have no plans to make the dungeon rooms 3D. All two-dimensional tiles, and lots of artistic licence!  lol

Online psyberwyche

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #93 on: September 11, 2015, 04:46:09 PM »
Extra update this week, largely as I'm not sure I'll be able to post anything next week due to various commitments. Got massively sidetracks by these old Heroquest Mummies. I needed two more Mummies to finish my Undead dungeon section for the time-being, and just couldn't resist (sorry Elbows, no Snotlings again this week).

Unfortunately, my rose-tinted spectacles were in full effect - these models are awful to paint lol  Still, they're done, and now I have six mummies, 12 skeletons, 6 zombies and a Necromancer for the Undead contingent.

Offline Vladimir Raukov

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #94 on: September 12, 2015, 11:57:11 AM »
They might have been horrible to paint, but they turned out fantastic! The red eyes are a great touch.

Offline matthais-mouse

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #95 on: September 12, 2015, 12:03:30 PM »
Ok so I cant really put my thoughts down on here for this thread. The most I can muster is WOW just WOW  :D Very well done and very nice painting on all of these miniatures so far :) Keep them coming  :D
.: Logan's band of survivors of the battle of Ursun's teeth :.

For blog posts with more info here.....
http://let-the-galaxy-burn-again.blogspot.co.uk/
And the vlogs here....
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzyMQNtc1ANwIbEN80M-gwA

Offline The Voivod

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #96 on: September 12, 2015, 12:25:49 PM »
wonderfull thread to browse through.
Lovely models in incredible paintjobs.
I've been meaning to update my own heroquest, but other shiny stuff keeps distracting me.

keep it coming.
'Mercy? I am far to brave to grant you mercy.'

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #97 on: September 12, 2015, 03:12:42 PM »
The miniatures may not be all that wonderful, but the painting is OUTSTANDING...VERY WELL DONE once more!
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Online psyberwyche

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #98 on: September 12, 2015, 05:06:40 PM »
Too kind everyone, too kind.

Having a blast with this project. It's something I've wanted to do since I first picked up the game eons ago, but is only now feasible because I'm a proper grown up. Honest.

Youth is wasted on the young ;)

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #99 on: September 12, 2015, 10:30:32 PM »
(slaps you over the head with a dead snotling) GET TO WORK!

Online psyberwyche

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #100 on: September 13, 2015, 03:20:16 PM »
(slaps you over the head with a dead snotling) GET TO WORK!

Brace yourself. I might (MIGHT) prep 11 more Snotlings today. And if that's successful, I might even spray them. Which means that, by the end of 2016, I MIGHT have conjured the required motivation to paint them... lol
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 04:51:30 PM by psyberwyche »

Offline Faber

• Mastermind
  • onnivorous painter
    • Faber Ambitious Mordheim Project
« Reply #101 on: September 13, 2015, 04:37:05 PM »
WOA  :-* :-* :-*

I've always had a soft spot for WQ! Amazing project and superb painting!
Keep going! And ditto to Elbows  lol

Offline Major_Gilbear

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • God-Emperor of Dune
« Reply #102 on: September 15, 2015, 08:45:10 AM »
Lovely work - especially on the mummies (which I know first hand are... er, tricky to paint nicely!).

Brace yourself. I might (MIGHT) prep 11 more Snotlings today. And if that's successful, I might even spray them. Which means that, by the end of 2016, I MIGHT have conjured the required motivation to paint them... lol

All joking aside, I'm a little surprised you didn't get some alternative snotling models for them - you replaced a lot of the other creatures already, and other snotling sculpts are frankly rather fun to paint (somewhat like Nurglings in fact!).

When you get around to doing Chaos (you are doing Chaos, right?), will you paint models around each of the four gods, or will you be going down the Undivided route with only themed daemons?

Online psyberwyche

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #103 on: September 15, 2015, 12:03:42 PM »
All joking aside, I'm a little surprised you didn't get some alternative snotling models for them - you replaced a lot of the other creatures already, and other snotling sculpts are frankly rather fun to paint (somewhat like Nurglings in fact!).

You say that. I have previously painted 20-odd of them for my old Orcs & Goblins army, with another 20 or so unpainted in the loft, and there are several reasons why I haven't gone down that route:
1. They are fun, characterful and nostalgic sculpts. But they're also messy, rushed and bloody tiny. Great en masse on a multi-base, but eye-bleeding when based singly.
2. Which brings me to the subject of basing. The old metal Snotlings are attached to huge wads of metal, designed to be disguised with green stuff on a multi-base. The wads of metal don't look at all neat, so I'd have to cut them off carefully, and pin those teeny, tiny, frankly malformed feet to another base to match my dungeon. An expensive resin base at a fiver for ten. That's alot of work...
3. The plastic ones, although not brilliant, are larger, and much more cleanly sculpted and cast - I can do a much nicer paint job much quicker, and the bases are integral so no pinning is required.
4. As with the rats, spiders, and bats (which I could also use rebased metal models for, but am not gonna), you only ever need 12 of each, and in game terms they are a minor inconvenience at best. They really aren't worth the extra effort when I look at the 200+ models I still have to paint!

When you get around to doing Chaos (you are doing Chaos, right?), will you paint models around each of the four gods, or will you be going down the Undivided route with only themed daemons?

Naturally I'm doing Chaos ;) - I already have everything I need up to level 5 in my burgeoning Ebay pile. Not totally sure about the basic warriors - I've never been a fan of Chaos Undivided/Undecided, as it doesn't mesh with the old Realms of Chaos background that I really love. I'll probably pick one Chaos God for the basic warriors (Khorne is the most sensible, but I've always been fond of Slaanesh, oo-er). I already have a bunch of Chaos Champions - old metal ones - of varying alignments, so they'll more of a mixed bag.

I've actually been saving those fellas as a treat for when I finish these bloomin' greenskins.

Offline Major_Gilbear

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • God-Emperor of Dune
« Reply #104 on: September 15, 2015, 02:46:02 PM »
Re: snotlings, fair enough!  lol

Re: Chaos Warriors (and Thugs/Marauders if they are in WHQ - I can't remember the exact bestiary contents all that well), I would be tempted to do a few (3-4) in each colour for the four gods, together with a few (3-4) in a more neutral scheme. That way, you can have them properly themed to each god, but by adding the neutral ones to the themed ones when you play, it saves painting a good few models. Your classic Champions would be on top of those, naturally! :P