Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:34:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686599
  • Total Topics: 118110
  • Online Today: 626
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (Commercial) 28mm 'State of Emergency' Range/Winter '79 chat  (Read 18620 times)

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
Re: (Commercial) 28mm 'State of Emergency' Range/Winter '79 chat
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2016, 10:50:01 AM »
Christ is risen! Don't tell me that after god knows how many years sitting on the Ian Crouch masters, Sloppy Jalopy are actually going to produce something new, er secondhand almost new, well new for them model? Are we sure this is imminent? They have been promising the  Chieftain and the T-62 for a very long time now. I won't be holding my breath.

For the record I have a number of their kits and like them a lot, even if their idea of packaging fragile resin seems to be whack it in a box and hope for the best.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline Harry von Fleischmann

• Scientist
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2016, 09:12:30 PM »
Well, my Brits and balaclavas arrived today. Cracking. Simply cracking.

Offline Mike Bravo Minis

• Librarian
    • Mike Bravo Miniatures' Blog
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2016, 10:59:41 PM »
 Eye candy (painted by Battle Studios)

Our discounted pre-order campaign for additional W79 poses is about 20% Funded - meaning the female paramilitaries and plain clothed detectives are funded. Sculpting work has commenced on those - WIP photos coming as soon as I have them.

Winter of '79 BravoGo!Go! campaign
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 11:02:44 PM by Mike Bravo Minis »

Offline CompanyB

• Mastermind
    • http://www.companyb.biz
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2016, 06:29:34 PM »
Years ago, before I started Company B, I mastered 1/48 accessories and painted custom models for retailers.  I did partner with a shop in Oregon, and there was a really nice pre-painted Merkava III.  It's a beast of a model in 1/48.  But I did commission Israeli tankers..which I may still have the masters for somewhere.

But, it's a beast.  It would cost me about $450 for the CAD printing of a 1:56 sherman.  This think this is 5X that size.  Here it is next to a 1/48 Abrams, and our 1:56 Stryker and Panther F.

We actually now have a shop that could cast this as one piece.  That would save on some costs.  It's still huge though!  I think this would need to be a styrene and putty old school master, as the print cost would deb the same as buying a 3D printer.  And even then... there needs t be demand for it.  If I could sell 50 of these thing the first month it would be a no brainer.

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2016, 07:56:29 PM »
Sorry, I'm just off here crying in a corner at the sight of that thing. If the market's as such that WWII dominates then I see your standpoint. The 1980s Israelis which were available a few years ago have gone OOP, whilst I think its more something to discuss with Mike Bravo miniatures what their own plots are for their modern Israelis.

From my own perspective, considering that the alternative for a Merkava in 28mm amounts to a toy, when it comes to Israeli forces it comes down to converting existing tanks. Even then the tanks available for conversion don't really represent what's currently used seeing as they only really use the Merkava, with the older APCs being pushed further into support forces. =/

Saying that IIRC Infinity made a 28mm Merkava themselves as a showpiece. It was a hover tank though, and from what I can remember was a one off (heh, despite, as ever, the cloying gamers asking when it'd be up for sale). :)

Offline Mike Bravo Minis

• Librarian
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2016, 08:23:51 PM »
Cheers Brent, very useful.  Wrong thread but nevermind!  lol

So back on topic, an alternate paint job for the W79 Brits by Adam Cooper of http://www.mountainofmetal.co.uk/

http://mikebravominiatures.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/w79-paint-jobs.html
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 08:30:38 PM by Mike Bravo Minis »

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2016, 08:58:46 PM »
Those look good. I can't wait for mine to arrive.

Offline Mike Bravo Minis

• Librarian
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2016, 06:41:44 AM »
W79 BravoGoGo Update: First new sculpts

So proving the concept kind of works, the following two new sculpts are the first funded figures to come off the workbench:

These will be supplied either as shown, or with balaclavas (which will be identical save that we will sculpt on a balaclava, and maybe a different pistol for variety)

NB - depending on funds at the end of the campaign, we may do bareheaded variants for all of the paramilitaries, or at the very least offer heads for DIY conversions.

What's a BravoGoGo?  Why, didn't you know?  http://www.mikebravominiatures.co.uk/collections/bravogo-go-new-winter-of-79

Offline Ray Earle

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2016, 10:53:10 AM »
Now those I really like.  :D Waiting to get paid to fund my order...  :(

I was hoping to see more bareheaded variants to the packs.
Ray.

"They say I killed six or seven men for snoring. It ain't true. I only killed one man for snoring."

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
    • Sally 4th Wargames Terrain & Figure Storage
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2016, 12:07:39 PM »
Those are fantastic, can't wait to get my full set.
If you have not signed up to the pre-release deal, well worth a look.
Save 20% and a free exclusive figure! A great independent initiative.
Chris Abbey
Www.sally4th.co.uk

Offline Mike Bravo Minis

• Librarian
« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2016, 06:31:56 PM »
Just a nudge that this pre-order scheme has been slightly extended but will expire next Sunday (3 April) which will be the last chance to get the deep discount before we shift focus to the next project whilst waiting for Robi to finish the sculpting on these.

Also, bare headed variants of the paramilitaries will be offered so have been added to the scheme.

http://www.mikebravominiatures.co.uk/collections/bravogo-go-new-winter-of-79

Offline Mike Bravo Minis

• Librarian
« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2016, 04:45:44 PM »
Introducing the B-Squad:

3 days left for the W79 BravoGoGo... http://www.mikebravominiatures.co.uk/collections/bravogo-go-new-winter-of-79
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 05:36:02 PM by Mike Bravo Minis »

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2016, 06:28:23 PM »
Nice to see you've almost achieved your target, well done!

I have some semi-critical remarks about your plod figure though...

The major thing for me is the helmet, it actually does look like his head could reach the top of it (I wish I had a £1 for every time I was asked that), it should be about the same size as his head and the brim should flare outwards.

The top is fine, few forces used the 'Trumpton Fire Brigade' style combed helmet like in the pic above.

Plus he has no radio.  :?

"Evening all!"

Minor point: the epaulettes were stitched down flush once the numbers had been put on, so as not to give a grip to anyone being naughty... as modelled by Sgt Dixon above.

Really Petty Point: the whistle chain was attached to the top button, but it should come from under the jacket front. It's the correct pocket though.

Personally I might have given him a flat 'car cap', but the helmet is legit... although iirc dedicated armed police, i.e. the Met's D11, or other forces AFO's wore dark blue berets (along with FR 'boiler suits').

Offline Mike Bravo Minis

• Librarian
« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2016, 09:07:13 PM »
Thank you very very much Arlequin.  I have the helmet on my 'snagging list' already as it looked a bit odd (hence not explicitly previewed) but your other points are very helpful.  Added to the list :)  Radio is my fault, the reference pics I sent to Robi didn't have one.  Would all constables have had them? 

Ref the headwear choice, I think we'll do a mix of helmet and flat caps, with spare heads to swap around as people see fit. 

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2016, 09:13:04 PM »

lSWHSu3YuO4/Vv1i9Sl4vLI/AAAAAAAAXGA/P0v3hBALOWUZW4p859Wlp5lvtXi0uQrFgCCo/s620-Ic42/dixon_2972517b.jpg[/img]

I knew he was a member of the Labour Party but I never knew that Harry H Corbett was a miner or active in the NUM. Guess he must have fallen on hard times after Steptoe and Son. Good to have another career to fall back on.  :)