Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:18:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690719
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 898
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 7
Guests: 807
Total: 814

Recent

Author Topic: North Star will release a plastic Dwarfs box, Elves and Goblins to come.  (Read 11781 times)

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
Sprue pics on North Stars facebook page. Let's see if it works to just hijack them for here:

Offline ayak333

• Librarian
I really like these, but I hope there are super/ornate armored dwarves as well!

Offline Duncan McDane

• Mastermind
Interesting take on Fantasy Dwarfs. Will for sure buy their metals if/when released ( although their casting quality usually is sub-par ) and these, have to see them in the flesh first. Plastic building is something I really dislike.... Nothing to do with quality, I just don't like it.
Leadhead

Offline Gibby

• Scatterbrained Genius
Yes, these are fantastic! Will be brilliant to have more generic fantasy plastics on the market. I for one hope they DON'T bring out more ornate/plated versions but stick to this more minimalist, "realistic" look as shown in the pics. Maybe some unarmoured, tunic-wearing versions would be nice too!

There are already lots of Dwarfs out there in LARP-esque armour festooned with runes, shoulder pads and metal beard holders. A more classic, dare I say LotR artwork-based look will be brilliant. Same for the elves and goblins, I hope!

I notice there are all bows and no crossbows on that sprue, so it does seem to aim for a more classic look.

Offline Momotaro

• Mastermind
Like those, like the mix of weapons.  Two boxes is basically a Dwarf army for LotR including command.  And finally some decent spear-dwarfs for an Erebor or Iron Hills army!

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain

Thank Ogrob for the sprue picture. I like the different weapon options… especially the spears and bows 8)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 07:29:40 PM by Calimero »
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline Belgian

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Wargame News and Terrain
Like those, like the mix of weapons.  Two boxes is basically a Dwarf army for LotR including command.  And finally some decent spear-dwarfs for an Erebor or Iron Hills army!

Will be using them for exactly the same purpose have hundreds of plastic goblins! Hopefully they will be about the right size although the official LOTR miniatures are more non-heroic 25mm.
Wargame News and Terrain Blog, daily updated with the latest wargame news

Interested click https://wargameterrain.blogspot.com/

Offline livanbard

• Assistant
As a collector of plastic crack I'm all in. Never liked mantic dwarfs because they are are designed to make a formation (and I dont do that kind of modeling)

Offline JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
  • I've only had a few ales...
Dwarves with actual bows, lovely.

I really like these. I thought between my Hasslefree feudals and Citadel imperials my stunty itch had been well scratched, but these are just the ticket.

Looking forward to seeing the other boxes and the prices they go for.

Offline Patrice

• Mastermind
  • Breizh / Brittany
    • "Argad!"
 :o Very interesting!

Offline MM

• Bookworm
That's nice! Just a hint of more ornate "stuff" to make it interesting but mainly a clean mailed look.

I've always wondered if I could convert the plastic FireForge Russians to dwarfs by trimming off legs and such...but that doesn't seem necessary anymore!
Maybe you can even use the FF Russian heads with these dwarf bodies for more variety!

Offline Gallahad

• Scientist
I love those little guys! And that it's coming from somebody who owns exactly 0 dwarves because I usually hate how they look. I really like that they are firmly early medieval in styling and weapons, etc. I can't wait to see the elves! (Everybody and their cousin does goblins)

Offline Hobgoblin

• Galactic Brain
    • Hobgoblinry
The sprue looks tremendous. Spearmen with upright spears are always welcome for games like HOTT. And a couple of boxes of these would give a dwarf army with spear, blade and shooter elements (and plenty of spares).

It's great to see dwarfs with bows - far preferable to crossbows, which have no pre-D&D/Warhammer underpinning.

These also look like they would mix fairly well with Vendel, Asgard and pre-slotta Citadel.

Offline affun

• Mad Scientist
    • North of Nowhere [Under construction]
Yep. This range is looking to be what I'd basically only been dreaming of.

Looks like I'm bound for my 4th dwarf warband.

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
That's a Dragon Rampant army sorted then...

Funny, I was thinking the same thing.

Nice looking sculpts, look forward to seeing them in person.