Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:32:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686500
  • Total Topics: 118104
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: North Star will release a plastic Dwarfs box, Elves and Goblins to come.  (Read 11701 times)

Offline Rotorcraft

• Bookworm

The Dwarves are Marching to War!

Later this year, North Star Military Figures and Osprey Games will be releasing a new range of fantasy miniatures, beginning with a plastic box set of Dwarf Infantry! Each sprue from this set allows you to build 5 Dwarves armed with spears, hand weapons, or bows, with a huge variety of head options. We are also working on similar boxes for Elves and Goblins! There are no official release dates yet, BUT we will have a limited number of pre-release Dwarf sprues for sale at Salute!!! These will be £5 a sprue and strictly limited to one per customer.
More sneak peeks from the range will be on display at the Osprey Games stand; so, swing by stand TJ05 early, get your sprue, and see what all of the excitement is about.

https://www.facebook.com/northstarmilitaryfigures/photos/a.218637431498500.77933.218634441498799/1607385349290361/?type=3&theater

Best regards.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 01:08:03 PM by Rotorcraft »

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
They are not shit... Look at the chain mail; quite nice definition and compromise to scale. Well charactered faces. I'd buy them. Are they part of the Frostgrave effort?

Offline tjgreenway

• Bookworm
Definitely prefer these to Mantic's Dwarf offerings at a similar price, much more character to them. Will keep an eye on these, I may well end up being tempted back into 28mm fantasy at some point  :)

Offline Rotorcraft

• Bookworm
They are not shit... Look at the chain mail; quite nice definition and compromise to scale. Well charactered faces. I'd buy them. Are they part of the Frostgrave effort?

In Facebook they said that this is a whole different project, unrelated to Frostgrave.

Best regard.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
Grrr...I was doing dwarfs for Mordheim and I just bought a bunch.  These would be incredibly suitable.  To be fair I vastly prefer metals so not a total loss.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 166
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline majorsmith

• Scatterbrained Genius
They are nice, I wonder how they scale up with other dwarf ranges

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
Oh my, great initative! Mantic has not inspired confidence with their design choices when it comes to fantasy archetypes, but North Star has put out great product so far. Looking forward to the elves especially.

Offline Hobgoblin

• Galactic Brain
    • Hobgoblinry
These look terrific - genuinely generic fantasy dwarves that cover both the Tolkienesque and folkloric aspects nicely! The grim (Grumpy?) expressions are exactly right. I hope the elves and goblins are similarly styled.

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Rather good  :-*

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
Very nice. These dwarves fit 'the look' I have always pictured.
a mixture of quick parts, sarcastic humour, reserve, and caprice.
Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza

Offline Ninefingers

• Scientist
That's a Dragon Rampant army sorted then...

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
Very nice they have a bit of a Scibor look to them

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain

Any pictures of the sprues yet?
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
They look great :)
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
In a bizarre thought loop (must be I am demob happy for Easter hols) , nothing to do with this but Malamute honest guv  ;D

It would be rather good to take a dwarven warband and given them a bit of a "Hicksy make over" creating the  ooh what a Carry On in Misty mountains warband as in... not Charles Haughty , Sid James etc dwarven warriors  lol

Yes....yes.....I wil take my meds now nurse........