Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:41:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Troll Forged Assimilation Alien Host figs painted (Kickstarter Host added 6/24)  (Read 4431 times)

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
Those turned out great, very interesting designs and the painting really makes the texture pop.
a mixture of quick parts, sarcastic humour, reserve, and caprice.
Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza

Offline Duke Donald

• Mastermind
Great minis, really creepy!

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
Thanks.  It's been an interesting project painting all these figs, and there are only a few types left to do.  I did skip on getting a few (the KS let you swap out figs for other ones quite generously, and there were some I didn't care for much) but this thread will have almost all the Host figs on it when I'm done.  Somebody else will have to tackle the Hunters and Alien Hunters, though.  I stuck with the xenos myself.  :)

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
Finally got around to painting some of the actual Host models from this range.

Single-piece castings on 30mm Reaper bases.  Very simple to clean up and a joy to paint.

There appear to be at least six variants, as well as an ogre-sized Kickstarter exclusive one.

These are easily the best Nurgle Plaguebearer proxies I've ever seen, and perfectly capture the just plain gross flavor of Grandpapa's followers while also being something new and characterful.

Also good for horror gaming and less Warp-inspired scifi nastiness, and I could see them handily winning a "biological hazard beauty contest" against Mantic's poor Plague figures.

Pretty big too, as my poor Vor trooper here can attest.

All in all I like them a lot, and I'm looking forward to painting more of them, probably in groups of seven.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 08:12:31 PM by Hobby Services »

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
Latest model, the Kickstarter exclusive Host sculpt on a 45mm base, along with a pair of the lesser versions for an idea of scale.

Impressive and horrific sculpt, about the size of your average ogre.

Still think these figs are perfect Nurgle demon variants - especially when painted in appropriate numbers.

Offline aliensurfer

• Mastermind
Lovely work. Are these available to buy or were they KS only?

Offline Knightofspades

• Mad Scientist
These models looks great! Awesome paintjobs on these cool monsters!

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
Lovely work. Are these available to buy or were they KS only?

He's still finishing KS fulfillment, believe it or not.  Presumably they'll be available for retail purchase after he's finally done but I can't say when that will be.  If you can't wait there are a couple of Queen-level KS packages for sale at his site from people that got tired of the delays - see here:    http://trollforged.com/kickstarter-1/pledge-market.html   I picked up an extra Queen set myself after finishing most of a Swarm pledge, and am told it will be at least another week or two till I see those figs, so the process is clearly ongoing.

I will also point out that all the figs on this thread have been up on my ebay listings, although all but the last few have sold by now.  See here for more on that:  http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=101753.0

Oh yeah, and here's another take on the Swarm Master, showing off one of the three head variants:

You can see the other two heads on the original Swarm Master and on the "leader" of the Adult Swarm Warriors above.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 10:21:22 PM by Hobby Services »

Offline aliensurfer

• Mastermind
Thank you!