Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:24:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Florian‘s 15mm Fantasy (Update: 19/02 Chaos Dwarfs)  (Read 36224 times)

Offline Muddypaw

• Bookworm
Re: Florian‘s 15mm Fantasy (Update Jan 2023: Giants & Drow)
« Reply #180 on: January 04, 2023, 01:41:19 AM »
This one is one of my favorites. It’s a dark eelf from Splintered Light Miniatures. Bloody awesome sculpt. Sadly not compatible with the Demonworld Dark Elf range, but I’m gonna use the latter for something different then.
This guy screams hero to me and that’s how he’s going to be used in my SoBH games.

Would you mind explaining the scale of Splintered Light v Demonworld and Khurasan? I have some weird hippo men from SL but no human sized miniatures from any of them. I’m thinking of getting some models from all three and from your comment above they might not match well. Thanks!

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #181 on: January 04, 2023, 02:07:51 PM »
Would you mind explaining the scale of Splintered Light v Demonworld and Khurasan? I have some weird hippo men from SL but no human sized miniatures from any of them. I’m thinking of getting some models from all three and from your comment above they might not match well. Thanks!

Sure,
here’s a comparison Demonworld vs. Copplestone vs. Splintered Light

SL compares quite well to the other ranges. I’ll see if I find some Khurasan, too. But Khurasan has so many ranges, not everything is in the same size range, so I can only show for what I have. In general though most Khurasan models I own fit well with the ranges shown below.

When buying at SL there is one possible pitfall as the company sells stuff from different sculptors. So iirc Orcs, Goblins, Skaven and Drow fit in very well while their Wood Elves and Dwarves felt really small in comparison.

As an aside: I dont know those Hippo Men. Mind to post a picture?

That’s fast. Amazing Model, he’s a perfect hero. Also ready to slice himself through hordes of zombies
Lol! Nurglings maybe ;) bit I can’t start undead now…;)

EDIT: I just saw, I forgot the picture. Sorry!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2023, 02:45:46 PM by DivisMal »

Offline Muddypaw

• Bookworm
« Reply #182 on: January 04, 2023, 10:38:08 PM »
Really useful comparison, thank you.

Here’s a link to their hippo men, in their lovely fantasy/pulp Egyptian range.

http://www.splinteredlightminis.com/hippoguard.html 

They’re also doing some not-Glorantha 15mm which I am over the moon about! 15mm Uz (trolls), morokanth (tapir folk) and angry ducks from their Beast-men line.

http://www.splinteredlightminis.com/beastmen.html

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #183 on: January 04, 2023, 11:15:54 PM »
Really useful comparison, thank you.

Here’s a link to their hippo men, in their lovely fantasy/pulp Egyptian range.

http://www.splinteredlightminis.com/hippoguard.html 

They’re also doing some not-Glorantha 15mm which I am over the moon about! 15mm Uz (trolls), morokanth (tapir folk) and angry ducks from their Beast-men line.

http://www.splinteredlightminis.com/beastmen.html

😮 These look really interesting and the various beastmen are excellent and very useful. The beastmen in the second link are definitely from the same sculptor as the aforementioned orcs and ratmen, so they should fit very well with Demonworld. I have some Khurasan orcs which are smaller (ad they should be because they are Tolkien style orcs), so some Khurasan fantasy stuff should also work.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Florian‘s 15mm Fantasy (Update: Chaos Warriors of Nurgle)
« Reply #184 on: January 05, 2023, 11:42:03 PM »
At last I had two evenings in a row to paint a little, and I finished a unit of Chaos Warriors for my Nurgle army. These guys are from Alternative Armies 15mm range. And while the sculpts are far from perfect and especially the different areas could use more definition, I have really come to like them!
They have a very special charme that modern 3D prints often lack. Furthermore they are all unique and fairly dynamic!

There is one other model in the unit: an Otherworld halfling fighter. He is quite massive and looks perfect as a leader of the gang.
I’ll field them as Elite Foot in Dragon Rampant or use the profile for Spartan hoplites in OGAM.

Next in the queue are some beastmen and the rest of my Nurglings (used as plague demons).
« Last Edit: January 05, 2023, 11:45:28 PM by DivisMal »

Offline LoxIslay

• Scientist
« Reply #185 on: January 06, 2023, 09:13:07 AM »
I love these warriors. AA Hase a big variety in sculpt quality, but I also like these dark paladins  8)

Offline LouieN

• Mastermind
  • "Aure entuluva!"
« Reply #186 on: January 06, 2023, 05:13:43 PM »
Well done

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #187 on: January 06, 2023, 11:23:49 PM »
I love these warriors. AA Hase a big variety in sculpt quality, but I also like these dark paladins  8)

Definitely true. But their range is vast and many models are pretty cheap, so I often give them a go. The SF series are really good: they have excellent postapoc stuff, the magnificent Ikwen and the fairly large and good Ion Age stuff.

Well done

Thank you LouieN!

I have managed to get some better pictures of the Chaos Warriors in the meantime. Here they are, some of the chaps are really cool.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 11:27:36 PM by DivisMal »

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Florian‘s 15mm Fantasy (Update: The Plague Dragon)
« Reply #188 on: January 06, 2023, 11:40:31 PM »
Nurgle armies don’t feature dragons…usually.

Sometimes, however, indeed very rarely an elder dragon succumbing from the pollution that is spread by men and dwarfs, turns to worship the Lord of Decay.

Papa Nurgle is pleased when he hears the bid of one of the Old Ones who were there before Chaos came to Earth. In return for stopping the poison he asks only for one thing … loyalty whenhis herald calls!

On the day of reckoning when the Champion of the Master of Sickness musters his host, the great dragons will be awakened. The Plague Dragon crawls from his cave and spreads rot and decay wherever he goes.

Such is the suffering that sometimes whole cities pray to Nurgle to relieve them from the plague. Thus, the plague dragons gain great masses of followers: cultists, zombies and nurglings in the thousands follow their flight and bring destruction to the world of the Living!

My plague dragon is a model from the CMON boardgame „Trudvang Legend“. Actually I don’t even intend to play that game, but I admit I pledged for it just to get some of the models.

The dragon is in the basic set and an impressive monster in 15mm. Slightly larger than the Khurasan dragon I posted some time ago. For 28mm he would still be okay, but several of the models from the box scream to me that they’re actually 15mm monsters. Stay tuned!

Offline Cacique Caribe

• Mastermind
  • Gelatinous Legal Alien
« Reply #189 on: January 07, 2023, 05:48:51 AM »
Wow, I love that dragon!

Dan

Offline LoxIslay

• Scientist
« Reply #190 on: January 07, 2023, 11:58:53 AM »
That’s a cool dragon  :-* love the teeth, gives him a real corrupted smile!

Offline Idle Doodler

• Scientist
    • Idle Doings of an Idle Doodler
« Reply #191 on: January 07, 2023, 12:47:35 PM »
What a brilliantly vibrant monster - any opponents had best have their disinfectant handy

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #192 on: January 07, 2023, 11:32:52 PM »
What a brilliantly vibrant monster - any opponents had best have their disinfectant handy

Lol! And hopefully they have tons of that stuff!,,

That’s a cool dragon  :-* love the teeth, gives him a real corrupted smile!

Thank you, Peter. Yes, he’s definitely one of those dragons who like to smart-ass and talk to their victims!

Wow, I love that dragon!

Dan

Thank you, Dan! Sadly, it’s one of those models which are pretty difficult to get.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2023, 11:35:14 PM by DivisMal »

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Florian‘s 15mm Fantasy (Update: Blood for the Blood God!)
« Reply #193 on: January 07, 2023, 11:42:18 PM »
I’m still struggling with the last batch of Nurglings, but made good progress with the beastmen. A twelve monster u it is progressing steadily…

…so I thought I’d reward myself with going for yet another warband. In the end I want to have each of the fove major Chaos Gods in roughly 48p for Dragon Rampant.

So why not do a little Khorne for a change?!

Here’s a Chaos Warrior 3D print scaled to 15mm. I bought it from Excellent Miniatures, and while they aren’t cheap, the quality is very good. Details are craip and the resin they use is very flexible and I recommend them.

This guy will be either part of a 6 man Elite Foot unit or I model Chaos Warriors as 12 man Heavy Foot/Offensive - haven’t decided, yet.

Hope, you like him!

Offline LoxIslay

• Scientist
Re: Florian‘s 15mm Fantasy (Update: Blood for the Blood God!)
« Reply #194 on: January 08, 2023, 12:05:35 AM »
Very nice addition. You are realy motivated the last days! Inspiering!