Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 06:39:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Cohen the Barbarian inspired figures.'Tin Sheds Fantasy Thread '  (Read 23192 times)

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: High Elf Dragon "Tin Sheds Fantasy stuff "
« Reply #105 on: September 21, 2021, 11:46:13 PM »
Thats wonderfully characterful. I like the stone work. Puts me in mind of the Stone work of South America.

The dragon is another's butterfly moment on the road to get the Castle and Empire force finished .

I've a reasonable size force of Elves awaiting paint.Mostly 90's stuff and earlier. But I'm making sure( ish) that I finish the Empire contingent first. Or maybe the dwarf stuff. ::)

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Gozt the Iron hand "Tin Sheds Fantasy stuff "
« Reply #106 on: November 17, 2021, 11:14:23 PM »
A quick post knocked up a leader for my mercenary/free company. A Very very loose take on Gotz Von Berlichingen. I've got to stay up ridiculously late for a conference call. So I'm going to see how far I get painting him. Then update in the morning.

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Gozt the Iron hand "Tin Sheds Fantasy stuff "
« Reply #107 on: November 18, 2021, 10:52:07 AM »
I managed to chuck enough paint in the right places to make it worth putting on table. Although I did manage a howler getting paint on the horses head( didn't even notice until I took a pic.)

Since It's just a fun piece. I took the opportunity to try a new matt spray varnish.  Overall quite impressed slight frosting on the hammer and hand ( probably my fault as I was spraying at speed and not maintaining any real distance from the figure.)
It's recommended for use at 15c° I sprayed it at 3am so the temp was around half that and misty so humidity was quite high.
Only noticeable issue being it's killed a fair chunk of the colour tones and blending.  I think I'll probably use colour forge just for vehicles and stick with the air brush for figures.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2021, 10:56:02 AM by tin shed gamer »

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Gotz, Iron hand Empire hero'Tin Sheds Fantasy stuff '
« Reply #108 on: November 18, 2021, 11:15:17 AM »
Next  bit will be the units standard.
It's not really a stretch to tweak his Historical heraldry into an Empire themed Standard.

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
« Reply #109 on: November 18, 2021, 01:25:55 PM »
Very nice rendition of Götz von Berlichingen, a man whose name and quote is still well known to every living German nowadays. He looks perfectly like I imagine him in flesh and iron and a very good choice for your leader.  :D

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #110 on: November 18, 2021, 08:15:01 PM »
Oh that Gotz is fantastic. Your usual excellent work on the face.

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline Metternich

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #111 on: November 19, 2021, 08:35:54 PM »
Your conversion of Gotz is magnificent.  I wonder how the Bauernjorg would feel about a robber knight like von Berlichingen appropriating his banner !?! 

Offline Metternich

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #112 on: November 19, 2021, 09:45:08 PM »
This is a wonderful thread and I am sorry to have come to it so late.  Your banners are wonderous, and such skilled castle building.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #113 on: November 20, 2021, 12:35:47 AM »
Love that last mounted guy.  Great work.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #114 on: November 20, 2021, 08:27:57 PM »
Michi,
He's inspired by a Christmas trip back in '78 we were living near Celle at the time.(I'd have been around nine) We went to a Christmas market it was dark and raining lights bouncing off the cobbles. All I could remember was I had to meet back at the horse shoes in the cobbles. I was given a small book by a stall holder about a Knight with a metal hand. Whilst I stood waiting for my family.  I told my ten year old about it and we sat and Googled 'German knight with a metal hand' ( I have bugger all knowledge of 16th century history so I can't claim to be enlightened on the subject) I was simply told to make him by my ten year old( same as Tin tin.) This seemed the best compromise between my orders and a useful figure.As I'd just bought the horse off ebay with the intention of adding the engineer from the steam tank as its replacement torso.
Once I realised how much work the horse need just to make it useful.  I figured it might as well be his Gotz request.

Metternich,
Totally agree they'd be spinning in their graves if the knew. But as a starting point for an Empire banner it's perfectly suited given I've enough old lion headed dark elf shield I intend to use for his retinue of swordsmen.
I'm still trying to finish the castle the lower section of the keep is done .Still haven't  quite gathered enough bits to finish the remaining two floors and roof sections.

Fram,Elbows

Cheers I've  just be talking to a ebay seller whose going to send me some of the Highlands miniatures prints later this month for a comparison /painting  Including some foot winged lancers to act as a bodyguards for my first edition war alter.

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Castle WIP painting underway 'Tin Sheds Fantasy stuff '
« Reply #115 on: November 30, 2021, 09:29:14 AM »
Spent the last couple of evenings trying to colour in the cardboard to point where its useful. I've now enough painted for a 'U' or 'L' shaped table edge castle.
The keep is slowing me down as its a big piece and finding enough time to get it a usable stage is proving elusive. ( I was planning on spending some time this week on it. Apparently I'll be redecorating my son's bed room before he's home from uni on Friday. That and looking after the Mrs and no4 son both having picked up a nasty cold bug from swimming ((both tested negative so more an inconvenience than a worry. I was looking forward to some hobby time before they decided to be so inconsiderate. Should have known better than to plan ahead lol)
There's still a few more shutters to add and shading around all of them. Play stopped due to convincing myself pushing a piece of wire through card could be achieved with a finger tip.( for the record it can't and it makes your finger leak.)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 09:33:41 AM by tin shed gamer »

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #116 on: November 30, 2021, 09:52:09 AM »
Very nice  8)
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline BZ

• Mad Scientist
  • https://oathgrave.blogspot.com/
    • Oathgrave
« Reply #117 on: November 30, 2021, 09:54:17 AM »
Absolutely amazing!

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
« Reply #118 on: November 30, 2021, 09:55:52 AM »
Well done Leaky Finger! That is going to be a fine castle or city wall. I would be happy to besiege it. My archers would sneak to the bottom of the walls and fire burning arrows into the floor of the walkways from below. Then they would hammer big nails into the wooden posts and climb up to finish your guards who would still be on the lookout for what is happening without seeing death creeping up from under their feet…  :D

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
« Reply #119 on: November 30, 2021, 09:58:35 AM »
Well done Leaky Finger! That is going to be a fine castle or city wall. I would be happy to besiege it. My archers would sneak to the bottom of the walls and fire burning arrows into the floor of the walkways from below. Then they would hammer big nails into the wooden posts and climb up to finish your guards who would still be on the lookout for what is happening without seeing death creeping up from under their feet…  :D

Archer #1: "What are those many holes in the ceiling above us meant to be?"
Archer #2: "Oh, shi…*!"