Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 11:48:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689348
  • Total Topics: 118276
  • Online Today: 648
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The Book of Boba Fett  (Read 18793 times)

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
Re: The Book of Boba Fett
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2022, 10:23:26 PM »
What was all this? Cuddly Rancor pets, Quadrophenia in space, badass Wookiee gone lame? Really, I don't buy it. This has to be going serious or I'm out. There is so much good that is simply spoiled. I want to like it, I really do. But,...well. I'm lost for words.  :(

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2022, 11:59:24 PM »
Mate I think the third episode was setting the scene for future episodes…I hope :)
May the Wolf  Walk With You
http://greywolf1066.blogspot.com.au/

Painting Clubs Joined: APC,MPC, PPC,PAPC,LPC.

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2022, 07:26:12 AM »
Yeah, I think that’s the case. I’m thinking there won’t be any backstory next week and it’ll just be ‘present day’ action.
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2022, 08:05:17 AM »
Deleted.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2022, 02:54:15 PM by Grumpy Gnome »
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2022, 08:11:23 AM »
Can it really be that the "Bib Fortuna intermezzo" isn't worth any more than a footnote in an uninspired presentation by a bored and depressive droid? Three episodes now scratched only the surface of what it all is about and try to blindfold me with "action" scenes that we've all seen done better? I mean. I consider myself a fanboy of that universe since I played with those Kenner figures in 1978 in the dust of my grandmother's yard. I am keen to watch every new release, but I WANT TO BELIEVE!

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2022, 09:29:29 AM »
Deleted.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2022, 02:54:49 PM by Grumpy Gnome »

Offline nozza_uk

• Mad Scientist
    • The wargaming world of Nozza
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2022, 09:41:29 AM »
Mate I think the third episode was setting the scene for future episodes…I hope :)

I agree. Lots of setting up future episodes. These are my predictions.

We've yet to see Boba get revenge against the biker gang.
There's going to be a rumble with the Pyke Syndicate (probably last episode).
Boba will be riding the Rancor at some point.
Krrsantan (the Wookie) will join Boba - too good a character to throwaway.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 09:54:10 AM by nozza_uk »

Offline Juan

• Mad Scientist
    • Manche´s Walpurgisnacht
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2022, 05:42:18 PM »
I´m tired of "The Book of Boba Fett", this not interesting.

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
    • 3d designs can be found at Thingiverse
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2022, 06:55:28 PM »
The comics do have Black Krrsantan and Boba working together as bounty hunters, but the timeline of that seems off in terms of the show. This would have still been during Vader/Empire/original three movies timeframe and we are past that in the show. So I assume that the show writers liked the character and wanted to bring him in. I do think that the result of sparing Krrsantan's life will be that he joins Boba's gang. That is barely a question at this point. I was surprised that he didn't just walk back in with Boba at the end of the scene.

The biker gang seems like it would have been a good addition, but would have liked to have seen them brought into the fold in a different manner. The King Solomon decision making to go right down the middle and employ the kids who just want jobs (is that a thing?) and also make the water merchant sell his goods at a fair price all seemed odd. It actually made me think that there is no way the water merchant isn't going to turn against Boba at some point.

I agree that it is odd that the Mayor could promise a territory to the Pykes and the Hutts would just bow out. That said, the Pykes do seem to have military might, and the Hutts are presumably stubborn and patient, so it makes sense that they would step aside without a fuss. I don't see that as terrorizing and scary as those in the Star Wars Universe, but whatever. I'm still waiting to see a mad Hutt rampage and wreck some stuff.

I feel like the entire chase scene could have been avoided. The Mayor clearly wasn't at home, and so why not just say that he wasn't there? Boba is so even-tempered and understanding that he surely would have just left the building knowing that he couldn't meet with the Mayor.  ::)

I agree that the destruction of the Sandpeople camp was far more glossed over than I think it should have been. When a reformed killer loses the only thing that matters to him he should lose his quest for Zen and go on a tear. John Wick... Boba should be John Wick. He just wanted a quiet life living in the desert and they killed his lizard space dog thing so he digs up his weapons and sets about taking his revenge. He may go back to trying to live a quiet and simple life, but when the next bad thing happens he should unleash hell on those who crossed him. This is basically what I've been hoping for all along. Give someone the carbonite slippers and toss him in a Sarlacc!  Kneecap the offender and feed the Rancor!

Speaking of the Rancor, I didn't know they were basically Pit Bulls in space. Loyal, bred for fighting, but mostly they want a good scratch behind the ear and a lap to lay in. I agree that I'm going to be deeply sad if they kill off the loyal pet.

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2022, 07:35:07 PM »
Deleted.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2022, 02:55:14 PM by Grumpy Gnome »

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2022, 07:42:55 PM »
And how is that almost Imperial looking security guard/secretary with the dodgy haircut still alive?

Now we're asking the real questions!  :D
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2022, 07:47:18 PM »
I think he’s crew,and it may even be an in joke that he’s in it. He is the stereotypical fan :)

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2022, 09:34:24 PM »
I am thinking the biker gang will eventually be shown to have been working for Bib Fortuna. Just a guess.

Boba and Fennec were more like a couple of rookie cops in the Mayor’s office than a season bounty hunter and assassin. And circumventing the electric lock with a knife? Really? And how is that almost Imperial looking security guard/secretary with the dodgy haircut still alive?

Mr Morrison himself said they were like Cagney and Lacey.

Offline uti long smile

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2022, 09:46:36 PM »
If no-one has coined Flash-bacta, then I’m claiming it.
Something Crooked this way comes...
http://www.crooked-dice.co.uk/
Wargaming in the world of Cult TV

Offline Grah

• Bookworm
« Reply #59 on: January 13, 2022, 09:48:01 PM »
What was all this? Cuddly Rancor pets, Quadrophenia in space, badass Wookiee gone lame? Really, I don't buy it. This has to be going serious or I'm out. There is so much good that is simply spoiled. I want to like it, I really do. But,...well. I'm lost for words.  :(

That, was a bag of rubbish.

The stupid hover bikes. They reminded me of the Thunderbirds hover bikes from the 60's puppet series. The gang's modifications - looked cyberpunk - not Star Wars, imho.

And if this giant wookie is so rock hard, why didn't he simply pull Fett's arms off like another angry wookie we know?

Last week's was really good. All that sand people back story. Then they do that to them. Did George RR Martin write this episode?

Sorry, disappointed.