Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:25:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690883
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: french revolution minis  (Read 2848 times)

Offline breaker

• Schoolboy
french revolution minis
« on: July 10, 2011, 02:06:45 PM »
I was wondering if eureka and brigade games are compatable in size with each other.

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Re: french revolution minis
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 02:31:50 PM »

I think that they could go very well together but that’s just based on previous observations of other Paul Hicks’ figures sold by Brigade Games and Eureka’s Modern range… if that makes any sense
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline WillieB

• Mastermind
  • Gotcha!
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 04:29:49 PM »
Eureka and Brigade are almost exactly the same size and certainly compatible. The Eureka ones are somewhat thinner but once painted that's almost unnoticeable. Both ranges are of fantastic quality.
Funny enough, I asked exactly the same question a few weeks ago and Nic from Eureka immediately replied with an offer of sending a sample.
As it turned out however, one of our clubmembers already had some Eureka models so I was able to see them 'in the flesh'.
My Brigade order is already in and the Eureka one will be ready shortly after I sorted out a few details with Nic.
BTW If you think that the Eureka range is pretty big you'll be glad to hear it's even bigger. lol
Take a look at the Chronofus site for a full listing (and pictures!) and you'll find a lot of packs not even on the Eureka site yet.
http://chronofus.net/php/viewforum.php?f=21

Another pleasant surprise were the few Trent Miniatures blisters  I picked up at the Bovington show last weekend. Contrary to what I was led to believe, these are very fine figures and again - judging from the few packs I have- very compatible with the Brigade ones. I mostly bought Caribbean slave figures, but also a pack of French Light infantry in Mirliton and they are very, very good.
Again the range might be a lot bigger than originally thought. I noticed that of the 5 or so figures shown on the (NorthStar) site three weren't included in my blister. A quick inquiry ( another very helpful Nick) learned that at least some of the blisters just contain a random selection of available figures. For example  of the Caribbean slaves with firearms there are probably 12 different models. And I mean really different models, not just variants.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 04:32:06 PM by WillieB »
Panic, Chaos and Disorder. My job here is done

Offline traveller

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 05:16:22 PM »
I use a mix of Brigade, Trent and Old Glory. Especially the camel troopers from OG are very nice and mix very well with the Brigade ones. I have also added some of the Front Rank French in bicornes and all these ranges look very good together

Offline Aaron

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 12:27:07 PM »
Good to hear they are compatible. At the moment mine are all Eureka, but I have thought about adding in a few from Brigade for variety eventually. Of course there is a tremendous variety within the Eureka range already!

Offline traveller

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 02:49:48 PM »
I have cosidered Eureka but they are expensive shipping from down under :'(

Offline Matakakea

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 06:08:00 PM »
If you're based in the UK then try ordering them through Fighting 15s. It will save you lot on postage.
I'm not a mercenary. Killing's more of a hobby for me.

Offline The Gray Ghost

• Mastermind
  • Beware The Gray Ghost
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2011, 08:09:06 PM »
I use a mix of Brigade, Trent and Old Glory.
I'm glad they work together I just ordered a few packs of Irish Militia to use as British.
I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it anymore and what is it seems weird and scary.