Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:07:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690594
  • Total Topics: 118339
  • Online Today: 840
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Sinewgrab's New All-Encompassing VSF Topic (what's this? an update?!)  (Read 27734 times)

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • All to all, by my mustard!
So, to be honest, I am a lazy twaddle at heart, and due to the likelihood that I will be using the entirety of my VSF collection as a single gaming army soon (in a FUBAR campaign), I decided to start a single topic in which all of my updates for VSF stuff will go.  For those who wish to look up old stuff, check here:

VSF Norway
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=11630.0

Duetsche Mond
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=45103.0

Native Martians and other stuff
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=44367.0
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=48871.0
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=33235.0
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=33656.0

And now, to make up for the boring stuff, since a large number of voices have been raised wanting a group shot, here is the best I can do at the moment...and it took me a while to set up.  I didn't realize how much I had collected, and then when I realized that there are still 10 unfinished Lennsmenn cavalry, 30 or so unfinished Lennsmenn on foot, 5 clanks, 2 new 'scout' sized 'nefs, and other odds and ends...

And 3 slightly closer versions...

And for those who are sharp, yes there are some unseen by LAF eyes models here.

My Bulette with Howdah, used by the Lennsmann to move supplies from town to town.  The big females keep their mated males docile with pheromones.  I built it with some  plates I got from Ramshackle.

The Norwegians, tired of being fried where they stood by the Cephalopod Heat Rays, built their own.
Made from a pair of cannon I bought off Ebay that turned out to be much larger than I thought, so could not be used for the original purpose, now have a disc and a pen-end glued on.

And for the long range fight,  a slightly repainted Warmachine gun: the Jotun Cannon.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 10:20:33 PM by Sinewgrab »
"There is no known cure for the wargaming virus, only treatments with ever increasing doses of metal."

Offline Froggy the Great

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • ...let slip the frogs of war.
    • My deviantArt gallery of painted figures
Re: Sinewgrab's New All-Encompassing VSF Topic
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 03:36:51 AM »
I highly approve.  I want to see how you stat these out for FUBAR.

Also, come to Charleston sometime so we can play.
You, sir, are not allowed to attempt a takeover of the solar system until your octopus sobers up.

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 06:24:03 AM »
Sinewgrab, you cannot use 'lazy' and that pic is one single post - that's a brilliant contradiction!  :D
I'd seen bits and pieces of the collection in the disparate threads, but the group shot is stunning. Love the artillery, which I'd not seen before.  8) 8) 8)

Offline Red Orc

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Baffled but happy
    • My new VSF blog:
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 08:48:25 AM »
Man, that's pretty amazing when you put it all together. Not that the bits we've seen haven't been great in their own right, but the total collection (apart from the massive list of things you're still working on!) is quite awe-inspiring.

I second Froggy's call for a visit to Charleston - I'd love to see the photos of that mighty clash!

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 10:06:30 AM »
I highly approve.  I want to see how you stat these out for FUBAR.

Also, come to Charleston sometime so we can play.

I'll try and post my stat cards for them here later for you.  I'd love to play you, but you do realize we would have to try to get further away from each other and still be in the contiguous United States, as I am in Beaverton Oregon?

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 10:11:22 AM »
Man, that's pretty amazing when you put it all together. Not that the bits we've seen haven't been great in their own right, but the total collection (apart from the massive list of things you're still working on!) is quite awe-inspiring.

I second Froggy's call for a visit to Charleston - I'd love to see the photos of that mighty clash!

That is actually kinda how I felt when I was putting it all out - did I really convert and paint this many models for this?  Next I need to get my small group shots of the Prussian and Martian forces in here as well.

Offline Froggy the Great

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • ...let slip the frogs of war.
    • My deviantArt gallery of painted figures
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2013, 12:26:03 PM »
I do understand.  There's nothing like packing for a game and realizing "Wait, I have HOW MANY armies for this game?"

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2013, 12:28:56 PM »
 :o :o :o

Stunning, sir, simply stunning!
 :-* :-* :-*

That landship in itself is big enough to play a skirmish game on!

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2013, 03:25:42 PM »

That landship in itself is big enough to play a skirmish game on!

Landship?  No, good sir, that is the His Majesty's Carrier Aeronef the Gungnir, not some mere landship.  She just sat too high when she was on her stand to get a good shot without shadowing all of the figs below her.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2013, 04:10:19 PM »
Landship?  No, good sir, that is the His Majesty's Carrier Aeronef the Gungnir, not some mere landship.  She just sat too high when she was on her stand to get a good shot without shadowing all of the figs below her.

My apologies, my good man.
It was remiss of me to assume that His Majesty would be in possession of a mere landship.
Consider me chastised.

Offline Chairface

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2013, 04:12:07 PM »
Awesome. I love this army. And I sympathise. I've been painting VSF Dutch for the last three years almost exclusively and have far too many to play in one game. It is a lot of fun though. :)

Offline shadowking1957

• Mastermind
    • Shadowkings
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2013, 04:56:15 PM »
what a brilliant collection superb stuff...

inspiring

Offline Red Orc

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Baffled but happy
    • My new VSF blog:
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2013, 09:10:43 PM »
... I'd love to play you, but you do realize we would have to try to get further away from each other and still be in the contiguous United States, as I am in Beaverton Oregon?

Maybe you could meet on Route 60, somewhere between Kansas City and Denver? That looks about half-way...

Any LAFers in that vicinity want to offer to host this epic showdown?

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Sinewgrab's New All-Encompassing VSF Topic (1st update! Whoo!)
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2013, 07:38:05 AM »
Just realized some of my new stuff is in the group with no close-ups...whoops.

Today, while I was waiting for some paint to dry on another piece, I built a quick backdrop to use whenever I am taking photos.  Looks better that way.

And closeup of the Gila Monster Heavy support.  Captured by the Lennsmenn, it provides support for caravans along with the bulettes.  Shortsighted and nearly deaf, thye lumber along eating anything that gets in their way.  They have been known to attack canyon walls, eventually creating a way through due to the stubbornness.

Grrr...

This model is a Giant Squiggoth for the Orks from Forge World.  Nice model.  THe gun is from some where else - the Lyzards Gryn, perhaps?

And here we have some of the more esoteric Mercenary creations - Swordclanks.

These are Dreamblade figures - Sworddancers, I think.

And my prize for today's work, the Scout Aeronef Tanngrisnir.

Scratchbuilt to resemble a small version of Gungnir.  It is both a companion vessel, and acts as a shuttle from the Aeronef carrier to ground forces and back.

Offline XCIV

• Scientist
    • Victoria's Boys in Red
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2013, 08:14:42 AM »
Nice work. I wish I had some skills at modeling those aeronefs. I have tried a few and they just don't come out looking good. Any tips?
J

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." -- Winston Churchill
"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready." -- Theodore Roosevelt