Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 10:00:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: SuperSystem 4th: Almost Ready For Play-tests [Latest Link on pg. 13 --3/21/2014]  (Read 66444 times)

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: SuperSystem 4th: Almost Ready For Play-tests
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2014, 12:08:47 AM »
But will there be the ability to build a character that is a Dino like Beast Boy or Devil Dino (To use clix figures available) or even some Velociraptors? 

Current system lets you build a character like Devil Dino easy, take growth with always on, etc....oh yea, easy as pie on that. Shapeshifters was the hardest to figure out but I think the above advice of Omni solved that issue.
Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com

Offline Lord GreyWolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2014, 06:58:30 PM »
I have SS3 but struggle with designing my characters .

Will there be a stat calculator available for those like me who suck at working out all of the stats/skills and other bits?

Also I would be keen to try the rules. And I will be pledging for the rule book as well March is a way better month for me to do so...
Also like Australia  we in New Zealand get stung quite high with postage costs.

LGW

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
    • http://www.four-colorstudios.com/
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2014, 08:21:50 PM »
I have SS3 but struggle with designing my characters .

Will there be a stat calculator available for those like me who suck at working out all of the stats/skills and other bits?

Also I would be keen to try the rules. And I will be pledging for the rule book as well March is a way better month for me to do so...
Also like Australia  we in New Zealand get stung quite high with postage costs.

LGW

We're normalizing stat costs for super-easy calculation, so it will be easier to add up your total costs for Attributes, even though there will be more of them!  ;)

Dave may redo his online calculator at some point, but I cannot say for sure.  I am building a lot of characters now, and it is easier than ever.  New cap for standard games will be 75 pts.  Of course, players can set whatever cap they want. Dice pools are going to be smaller, overall, for 75 pt./model games.   

Characters will possess greater depth. 

I am still running internal play-tests at this point.  I hope to get the doc out to folks in the next week or so.  Sorry for the delay! 

On the shipping to the Pacific Rim--there are no easy answers.  I just know I cannot take the losses I took on the last KS I ran.  So we'll see...

Thanks! 

--Scott

Scott P.
http://scott-pyle.tumblr.com/
http://www.four-colorstudios.com/

======
"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places."

--Ernest Hemingway

Offline Hat Guy

• Mastermind
  • If you want peace, prepare for war.
    • Superhero Gaming Blog
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2014, 11:18:48 PM »
I know a few people who would be interested in the rules here in Melbourne,once the KS starts maybe we can take a look at bundling things for some savings on shipping.

Offline Gen_Leo

• Schoolboy
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2014, 01:39:56 PM »
We're normalizing stat costs for super-easy calculation, so it will be easier to add up your total costs for Attributes, even though there will be more of them!  ;)

Dave may redo his online calculator at some point, but I cannot say for sure.  I am building a lot of characters now, and it is easier than ever.  New cap for standard games will be 75 pts.  Of course, players can set whatever cap they want. Dice pools are going to be smaller, overall, for 75 pt./model games.   

Characters will possess greater depth. 

I am still running internal play-tests at this point.  I hope to get the doc out to folks in the next week or so.  Sorry for the delay! 

On the shipping to the Pacific Rim--there are no easy answers.  I just know I cannot take the losses I took on the last KS I ran.  So we'll see...

Thanks! 

--Scott

I was working on a database for character creation for 3rd edition. It worked for most of the characters from the official team book. I don't see any reason I couldn't make a new one for 4th ed. The character card layout I had started would need work for additional stats.

Will there be any guidelines/tips/hints on converting 2nd/3rd edition characters to 4th?

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2014, 07:04:42 PM »
I was working on a database for character creation for 3rd edition. It worked for most of the characters from the official team book. I don't see any reason I couldn't make a new one for 4th ed. The character card layout I had started would need work for additional stats.

Will there be any guidelines/tips/hints on converting 2nd/3rd edition characters to 4th?

We'll on the database--if Dave wants to redo his, his will be the "official" one, for whatever that's worth!  ;)  But other folks can certainly do their own too.

As for conversion guidelines, I will think about putting some together. 

Thanks!

Offline carlosyc

• Bookworm
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2014, 04:54:35 PM »
What things will be different in new edition?

There will be significatie changes in:
- system of Action points?
- more or less atributes?
 What concepts will change (not concrete things, it´s obvius that powers or maniovers will chage)

Could SS3 be updated to SS4 with a few chages or will be comletly different?

Offline Lord GreyWolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2014, 05:36:55 AM »
I would love to see the ability to do robotic minions. As you Uld use them as heroes, villains or AI controlled security bots.

And even cults that would be great.  The cult could have quite a few followers and a few demons. Some new skills could be sermon, rant, words of power,

Would add some flavour to the mix. Also alien bounty hunters would be fun to add in and some awesome scenarios would be easy to add.

Then again what ever comes from this I will be happy.

LGW

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2014, 11:28:28 AM »
What things will be different in new edition?

There will be significatie changes in:
- system of Action points?
- more or less atributes?
 What concepts will change (not concrete things, it´s obvius that powers or maniovers will chage)

Could SS3 be updated to SS4 with a few chages or will be comletly different?

I have another Play Unplugged column coming this week that directly addresses this, but I can speak to it here as well.

Action Points remain, along with the one attack per turn limit. More Attributes--7 to be precise.  This creates greater granularity and addresses some min-maxing issues I've had with the game since I first created it.

I don't think it will be too hard to move your SS3 characters to SS4.  It will be a matter of learning a few new maxims, eye-balling your character, and then just moving him over.  Mind and Resolve remain the same, so that's easy.  The other stuff we're splitting up a bit so folks need to make choices. 

Dice pools will be a little smaller in this version of the game; that was intentional.  I am finding chargen easier, but then I am biased!  :D

Hope this helps!

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2014, 11:32:15 AM »
Folks, we have a cover, and I am ecstatic!  

Dare I say, excelsior!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 03:56:34 PM by fourcolorfigs »

Offline fergal

• Mad Scientist
    • Crossover Miniatures
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2014, 03:33:58 PM »
Scott,

This is the cover you should have had from the start!  :o

WELL DONE!

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2014, 04:22:13 PM »
Nice !

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2014, 04:35:55 PM »
That cover rocks!

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2014, 06:30:39 PM »
Thanks!  I am really excited about it!  If we can make a goal for a color interior, Rich Y. is going to color all of the awesome interior pieces he's done for us over the years, and do a few new ones, and those will form the bulk of our interior artwork.

Offline marcusluis

• Scientist
    • marcos painting blog
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2014, 07:27:06 PM »
love the new cover, very golden age.. will you be relaesing some new or updated minis as well ??