Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 09:20:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The Lead Painters League Season 8 - General Discussion  (Read 77637 times)

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Re: The Lead Painters League Season 8 - General Discussion
« Reply #180 on: March 22, 2014, 11:16:19 PM »
Good luck everyone :) Whilst I'm not competing this year I am still participating in my own small way ;)

Kind regards

Guy
May the Wolf  Walk With You
http://greywolf1066.blogspot.com.au/

Painting Clubs Joined: APC,MPC, PPC,PAPC,LPC.

Offline Bugsda

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #181 on: March 23, 2014, 12:30:08 AM »
Wow, the return of Zoogla  :o welcome back  :)

But no Bugsda  :'(

12:06 and I still had to take photo's, so I said fuck it and went to the pub with my new brother in law.   :D

I'll be cheering on my favourites, they're pretty much all here 8), and sucking up the inspiration from the sidelines.

Well I've lead an evil life, so they say, but I'll outrun the Devil on judgement day.

Offline Vonkluge

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
  • Dogs of War and Bengal Club member / Kaiser Bill!
    • Historical Hobbies
« Reply #182 on: March 23, 2014, 01:00:55 AM »
Well I to missed it despite looking forward to it for a year, painting like a fiend for the last 40 days, having all 3 teams set to go! Then I spend 72 hours shooting nights on a movie this week and I miss calculated the time difference! I get up dead tired and halfway through picture taking realize "I'm twelve hours off!"  >:( ohh well it did get me to get a lot of minis done and now with the pressure off I can concentrate on enjoying everyone's hard work and just post my stuff elsewhere on the LAF forum  lol

Good luck all, Gentlemen start your paint brushes!

Bill W

PS I was hard pressed to take a good photo with the constraints of 800 x 800 pixels and a 500k file size limit.... I'm a fair photographer... was I missing something? Just fitting 5 minis in and keeping a level of detail seemed impossible. My pictures were in my opinion very small and lacking in detail. ???

I be posting some of my entries tomorrow in other areas. :P

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #183 on: March 23, 2014, 06:09:21 AM »
Thanks, I'll do just that and let you know via PM?

Darrell.

Sadly I was at a show yesterday and didn't realise that the deadline was yesterday at noon  o_o o_o o_o.

I did read the rules a day or so ago.....  know...... bugger! o_o

I guess I'll wait until the next one  :).

Darrell.

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #184 on: March 23, 2014, 08:25:26 AM »
I picked the camera up yesterday morning only to find that there were no batteries so it all had to done on my phone. Apologies for the quality in advance!

I was assisted by my small toddler who insisted on driving his cars over the terrain set up!

Good luck to all and enjoy the free points for whomever gets me!  lol

Offline LordOdo

• Mastermind
    • StormToren (my wargame blog)
« Reply #185 on: March 23, 2014, 11:06:12 AM »
It seems you didn't get my pictures, will you allow me to send them again? Or am I too late now? Emailed more details..
''Its so much easier to build something new than work up the courage to actually paint some.'' -Wyrmalla (2015)

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #186 on: March 23, 2014, 11:20:46 AM »
Lads, I could allow your entries as I understand you did a lot of work. But now we have 38 players and we need an even number of participants otherwise we wouldn't be able to have matches for everyone. LordOdo, my suggestion is just try to contact VonKluge and/or Bugsda. I could take your entry if you would find an opponent for you. Get one of them to enter his teams and you can play in that season, too.

But please understand that I can't wait too long. I still need a few hours to prepare everything for the start but I can't wait till tomorrow. We had almost the entire week for the sending of entries and a lot of people did it timely and I wouldn't like to let them to wait too long.

Offline LordOdo

• Mastermind
    • StormToren (my wargame blog)
« Reply #187 on: March 23, 2014, 11:23:50 AM »
Lads, I could allow your entries as I understand you did a lot of work. But now we have 38 players and we need an even number of participants otherwise we wouldn't be able to have matches for everyone. LordOdo, my suggestion is just try to contact VonKluge and/or Bugsda. I could take your entry if you would find an opponent for you. Get one of them to enter his teams and you can play in that season, too.

But please understand that I can't wait too long. I still need a few hours to prepare everything for the start but I can't wait till tomorrow. We had almost the entire week for the sending of entries and a lot of people did it timely and I wouldn't like to let them to wait too long.

Many thanks!! I will send them in an hour, as I don't have the pics on this computer. Will contact the others!

Offline Wirelizard

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Needs More Zeppelin!
    • The Warbard
« Reply #188 on: March 23, 2014, 11:43:11 AM »
I appear to be falling back into my habit of years gone past of doing every other LPL (3, 5 & 7 for me so far...) and missing the even-numbered ones!

Best of luck to all the entries and I look forward to seeing the rounds and matchups this time.

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #189 on: March 23, 2014, 02:41:19 PM »
Okay, Bugsda and LordOdo are in and we are going to start the LPL8 with 40 participants. Let's play fair and square. Good luck to everyone!

1. Frank
2. Hu Rhu
3. Orctrader
4. Strutter
5. gnomehome
6. Captain Blood
7. GemGames
8. Thargor
9. Steam Flunky
10. Calimero
11. Pacarat
12. Hammers
13. Michi
14. Prof.Witchheimer
15. stevedaccs
16. CPT Shanks
17. Broonkah
18. wolfie907
19. Hubbynz
20. ollv
21. XCIV
22. Darth Jaymz
23. mikedemana
24. Bobbo
25. Ron_bresnen
26. tsar1701
27. Nord
28. Neldoreth
29. Blue in VT
30. Kartoum2
31. area23
32. Uncle Mike
33. DrMathias
34. Jaffar
35. Dolmot
36. Elk101
37. Curt
38. Zoogla
39. Bugsda
40. LordOdo

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #190 on: March 23, 2014, 03:36:08 PM »
Voted!  Great entries!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men."
-Willy Wonka

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #191 on: March 23, 2014, 04:13:17 PM »
No sweat, totally understand. I'll get my proverbial behind over to the voting section now, there at least, I can do some good  :D.

Darrell.

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
« Reply #192 on: March 23, 2014, 05:40:00 PM »
This is one of my favorite hobby-related events and yet another reason I enjoy this site. Simply excellent.

Offline mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Investigating curiosities around the globe...
    • Worldwidemike
« Reply #193 on: March 23, 2014, 05:43:09 PM »
Ahhhh....pleasant time whiled away admiring everyone's entries. Great to see new and old names. Some seriously good stuff, with some knock-down, drag them out tough voting choices!

Thanks for all your hard work, Prof! You provide lots of folks with enjoyment with what you do....

Mike Demana

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #194 on: March 23, 2014, 06:38:58 PM »
I'm looking forward to going through them all tonight once small people are asleep!