Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:09:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Warband: Goalsystem Fantasy Skirmish [Official Game Title Changed - 7/7/14]  (Read 29847 times)

Offline Booboo

• Scientist
Re: Goalsystem Fantasy Skirmish
« Reply #75 on: June 19, 2014, 07:43:26 PM »
Hey Scott, This is just a quick modification of some other sheets I had made in the past, but for playtesting, perhaps this might be useful,

I'd be happy to make some changes, and supply blank, or maybe a pdf.

Cheers, Carl

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
    • http://www.four-colorstudios.com/
« Reply #76 on: June 19, 2014, 07:48:32 PM »
That's very nice!  A bank PDF version of that would be most helpful. 

Thanks!
Scott P.
http://scott-pyle.tumblr.com/
http://www.four-colorstudios.com/

======
"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places."

--Ernest Hemingway

Offline Nikdo

• Assistant
« Reply #77 on: June 19, 2014, 07:58:39 PM »
Carl, I'm amazed by your talent and turn around time.  Not trying to be a creep here but I also love your Stoelzel’s Structures line.

Offline Booboo

• Scientist
« Reply #78 on: June 19, 2014, 07:58:59 PM »
Emailed it to the gmail address I have on record.  Let know if you got it OK.

Offline Booboo

• Scientist
« Reply #79 on: June 19, 2014, 08:00:54 PM »
Carl, I'm amazed by your talent and turn around time.  Not trying to be a creep here but I also love your Stoelzel’s Structures line.

Thank you Nikdo, your comments are much appreciated.  :) As for the speed of this, I have to say again, this is largely an edit of existing sheet I did as a fan project.  Needed some tweaking for a different system, but kept the spirit intact.

:)

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #80 on: June 19, 2014, 08:08:28 PM »
You did Stoelzel's Structures?  Great stuff!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men."
-Willy Wonka

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
« Reply #81 on: June 19, 2014, 08:19:22 PM »
Gorgeous stuff!  Carl is the man!!!!

Offline Booboo

• Scientist
« Reply #82 on: June 19, 2014, 08:59:43 PM »
Thanks again guys. :)

Offline eMills

• Scientist
« Reply #83 on: June 20, 2014, 08:47:42 AM »
So, did you do away with the attributes here (SAMR)? Those sheet mock ups don't have them, but I recall seeing them earlier in the thread.

I hope that is not the case. I find dumbed down versions of Goalsystem disappointing. That is one of the things I disliked about Delves.

~Eric

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
« Reply #84 on: June 20, 2014, 11:28:22 AM »
So, did you do away with the attributes here (SAMR)? Those sheet mock ups don't have them, but I recall seeing them earlier in the thread.

I hope that is not the case. I find dumbed down versions of Goalsystem disappointing. That is one of the things I disliked about Delves.

~Eric

Attributes are in there! Carl is adjusting the sheet to include them! They'll run prominently down the left side. GFS will be much more like B&B than Delves, though I am adapting the Delves campaign system for Party Wealth Score and post-battle activities.  I really love those and I intend they live again in this game.

Thanks!

Offline eMills

• Scientist
« Reply #85 on: June 21, 2014, 02:03:18 AM »
Attributes are in there! Carl is adjusting the sheet to include them! They'll run prominently down the left side. GFS will be much more like B&B than Delves, though I am adapting the Delves campaign system for Party Wealth Score and post-battle activities.  I really love those and I intend they live again in this game.

Thanks!

Yay! :)

Thanks for the quick reply Scott.

~Eric

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
« Reply #86 on: June 23, 2014, 02:06:18 PM »
I played a couple of games over the weekend, and I am generally happy with the current direction, but I wanted to put something out there for folks to comment on.

All of my Goalsystem games feature an Attack/Defense matrix, i.e., a model activates and attacks, and his target defends. The defender does not "strike back" until he activates and takes his combat action. So the defender has no chance to harm the attacker.

But what if, like SoBaH, every character in an exchange had the chance to harm the other?  so the winner of each close combat exchange would hit and potentially damage the loser. This would speed play immensely, I think, but is it a mechanic folks would welcome in a Goalsystem game?  

Thanks for any feedback!

« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 02:08:51 PM by fourcolorfigs »

Offline Nikdo

• Assistant
« Reply #87 on: June 23, 2014, 02:29:45 PM »
Awesome.  Glad the game is coming along.

Would it be a contested melee attack roll with the winner potentially damaging the looser?  Sounds cool.  How would you handle missile attacks and magic attacks?  Maybe give the defender a free optional "dodge" movement if they win the contest?

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #88 on: June 23, 2014, 03:07:50 PM »
But what if, like SoBaH, every character in an exchange had the chance to harm the other?  so the winner of each close combat exchange would hit and potentially damage the loser. This would speed play immensely, I think, but is it a mechanic folks would welcome in a Goalsystem game? 

No one's cared much for my feedback, but I'll give my 2 cents again.  I like the updated idea, even back in the day we made fun of the UGOIGO mechanics of AD&D.  If you can combine strike with counterstrike, and not merely defense, that sounds very interesting.  It may also free up 'time' to expand the game in other areas you were interested in.  What sort of time frame do you see games played in? 

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
« Reply #89 on: June 23, 2014, 03:15:57 PM »
No one's cared much for my feedback, but I'll give my 2 cents again.  I like the updated idea, even back in the day we made fun of the UGOIGO mechanics of AD&D.  If you can combine strike with counterstrike, and not merely defense, that sounds very interesting.  It may also free up 'time' to expand the game in other areas you were interested in.  What sort of time frame do you see games played in? 

Ok, that's two votes for this!  I may work up an alternate Google doc with this scheme just to see what it looks like.

Thanks!