Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:04:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689655
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Brummies 15mm Sci Fi - Old crow -Xi'An Force  (Read 38097 times)

Offline Von Trinkenessen

• Scientist
I use the full thrust fighters as drones for both 15 & 28mm.

Offline Brummie

• Mastermind
  • Incoming!
Bit of a Terrain day today. This isn't finished as needs some finishing touches around the base but will be one of a few pieces to form a "petrified forest" of giant trees.

Offline Skullhamma

• Scientist
    • 15mm through space and time blog
 :o :o :o

Those rocky needles are brilliant, Brummie!

Offline Chief Lackey Rich

• Mastermind
I like the verticality but is there enough room at the top for a figure or two to stand so you can have sniper or gun teams up high?

Planning to do any with the parts of the broken off bits as fallen super-logs?

Offline Brummie

• Mastermind
  • Incoming!
I like the verticality but is there enough room at the top for a figure or two to stand so you can have sniper or gun teams up high?

Planning to do any with the parts of the broken off bits as fallen super-logs?

Didn't think about the fallen super logs which is daft as most petrified forest are mostly that way, so I'll have to! I have a few more pieces to create a couple more boards like this so will figure some into that or its own separate board.

I'm not too fussed for the pillars to be used as heights for snipers/figures, in this case it'd be a literal death trap anyway, I'll be making more secure stuff later on.

Wanted something that'd be an infantry only area, I have a lot of vehicles and unless they were restricted or prohibited before the start of the game, I thought it'd be cool to have scenery that directly impacted on what units could be used in a given area, or create chokepoints. Some these "trees" are so tall aircraft would be better placed to not go near em!

Also a nice place for monsters to hide in to attack anyone who figures to use it to flank an opponent  >:D

• Mastermind
"...literal death trap..."

I was thinking troops with jump packs/grav belts/wings for the high perches, but fair enough.  They would be a little exposed even from ground fire.

The whole "super-tree" idea brings back fond memories of GDW's old Bloodtree Rebellion board game, which had a similar vibe going on, albeit sans petrification.

Offline Billchuck

• Scientist
    • Velociengineer.net
I'm totally stealing this idea.  I love it.

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
    • 3d designs can be found at Thingiverse
That is good-looking stuff, right there. You said you are going to have a number of these?

Offline Brummie

• Mastermind
  • Incoming!
Yeah I have a few more tree stumps and may pick up some more to do a couple of smaller boards.

I'm currently working on 3 "sets" I guess, one is a crashed spaceship , such as the one below, and a small canyon set up which I've yet to start on and then some random scatter boards with trees, alien plants etc. The theme is sticking to a mostly Arid location (think Texas or Ethiopia) with some greener, normal forest locations and jungles/swamps thrown in for good measure. I was also thinking of making some Cactus forest boards (not with real cacti of course, that'd make troop movement interesting  lol).

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
I like the flowers. They give a nice pop of color.

Can't wait to see all of these vignette pieces on a table together. I'm particularly interested in the canyon. I've been contemplating something similar but haven't ever figured out how to make it work. My current concept is to basically do some basalt mazes which would act much like your trees. Infantry only, ready-made CQ trench-ish engagement areas.

Offline Brummie

• Mastermind
  • Incoming!
Quick update:

Commonwealth Light Mecha utilised by Orbital Drop and Mobile Infantry Units and a Command Vehicle. Mecha is from Bradley Miniatures 6mm range, sold by Alternative Armies here in the U.K. Command vehicle is, of course, an iconic GZG vehicle.

• Mastermind
Re: Brummies 15mm Sci Fi - The Colonial Commonwealth (Part 2: Light Mecha).
« Reply #221 on: June 24, 2021, 07:06:02 PM »
Very nice.  Those mechs are bigger than I thought.  Will have to take another look at those for 15mm.

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #222 on: June 24, 2021, 09:08:03 PM »
Agreed, I think those look more plausible as 15mm mechs than 6mm.

Offline Brummie

• Mastermind
  • Incoming!
« Reply #223 on: June 26, 2021, 06:25:04 PM »
Cheers Chaps!

Today's work: Dominion Super Heavy Tank or an Apocalypse Class Super Heavy Tank from Clear Horizon.

Vehicle boasts the subdued Urban Digi-Camo favoured by the 31st Assault Corps that rocketed to fame during the campaigns against the Blainnish City Fortresses on Austri 11. The tank is unique in that it has a rear compartment that can carry two regular fireteams or 1 Powered Armoured fireteam directly into the fight. Dominion Generals were concerned that regular IFVs simply could not survive prolonged exposure to Modern Urban fighting, this combined with the Blainnites and other adversaries, (Federation included) making heavy use of Heavy Mechs and Super Tanks spurred the need for a hybrid super heavy vehicle. The Apocalypse was the end result.

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
Re: Brummies 15mm Sci Fi - Dominion Super Heavy Tank.
« Reply #224 on: June 28, 2021, 02:39:53 PM »
That is a nice ride. Perfect for a trip to the market or to show those peaceful protestors what for!